Dynasty Power is seeking a highly motivated meteorologist to join their expanding team in Calgary, Alberta. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science and programming skills who is self-motivated and able to learn and work independently in a fast paced environment. Duties will include (but not limited to) short, medium and long term weather forecasts for areas in the entire of the United States and parts of Canada as well as electricity demand forecasting and renewable energy supply for a specific area (Wind, Hydro, Solar). Additional duties will include statistical analysis of weather and electricity demand data.
Dynasty Power is a privately held power trading firm that trades financial, physical, and virtual power across North America. Dynasty is active in the following ISO/ RTOs:
- (PJM) Pennsylvania / New Jersey / Maryland
- (MISO) Midwest Independent System Operator
- (ERCOT) Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- (IESO) Ontario Independent System Operator
- (SPP) Southwest Power Pool
- (NYISO) New York Independent System Operator
- (ISO-CASIO) ISO California
- (ISO-NE) ISO New England
- An undergraduate degree in meteorology or atmospheric science or equivalent with higher degrees considered an asset.
- Strong programming skills in Python, R, and SQL.
- 2 years work experience meteorology analysis or equivalent.
- Understanding of weather models and how to use them as a weather forecasting tool.
- Energy load and weather forecasting experience outside school considered an asset.
- Wind, Solar and Hydro forecasting experience considered an asset.
Accommodation may be provided or subsidized if required until long term accommodation can be found.
Apply by sending resumes to Matthew Corkum (email@example.com)