Information about each scholarship, including how to submit applications, can be found by clicking below.
Interested in the Society's Prizes and Awards? click here.
Click here for information about the Society's free summer workshops for K-12 teachers.
Two scholarships can be awarded each year.
Each scholarship is $1,000.
Applications are to be received no later than 15 March by the Awards Coordinator at e-mail: email@example.com or the Society postal address to be considered by the selection Committee. There is no special form. The following is required:
- A cover letter specifying clearly indicating that this is an application for the CMOS Undergraduate Scholarship. This letter should include a current civic address, phone number(s) and e-mail address of the applicant. If it is likely the applicant will be changing address during the year, it is suggested that a more permanent address and telephone number (e.g., home) be included as well.
- A transcript of academic studies.
- A statement of interest and intent to persue a career in the relevant sciences.
- Any details of relevant work experience.
- Two letters of recommendations (in confidence) from university professors who are directly acquainted with and knowledgeable of the work of the student. The professors can send these directly to the awards co-ordinator.
- Electronic format (e.g., pdf) is preferred; however, hard-copy material will be accepted.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged unless requested. Acknowledgement when requested will be by e-mail